Degree Maps Technical Guide
Degree Maps provide students a proposed schedule of the classes required to attain their degree. The Degree Maps plugin allows each department the ability to display this information on their websites is a consistent and maintainable way.
This plugin will require the manual entry of Year, Semester and Course information.
Degree Maps Implementation
For each Degree Map you'll be asked to provide a number of years, semesters and courses, along with the corresponding labels.
- Year and Year Label: This will add a new year and label it accordingly. Clicking the "+" button will add multiple years.
- Semester and Semester Label: Same as above, for semesters instead of years.
- Total Credits: This is the total credits in a given semester.
- Course: Add a new course to your current semester. This can be done as many times as necessary.
- Number: The course number. This will be combined and displayed with the title.
- Title The title of the course. Combined with the number and displayed in your degree map table.
- Credits Number of credits this course is worth.
- Operator: Add an operator between this course and the next.
- None: The default option. No operator will be added.
- Or: Indicate that a student should take this course OR the next course.
- And: Indicate that a student should take this course AND the next course.