Looking to make progress writing your thesis or dissertation? Having trouble finding time to write?
Sign up for the Jump Start Graduate Student Thesis/Dissertation Writing Workshop!
Hosted by the Writing and Public Speaking Center and sponsored by the Graduate School and the Office for Research and Creative Scholarship, this four-day program is offered winter session, spring break and summer session. Focused discussion on challenges specific to graduate student writers is coupled with daily independent writing times that will allow you to apply new strategies and tips, as well as make tangible progress on your writing.
Jump Start allows you to:
- gain momentum and make tangible progress in your writing
- experience a supportive environment for intense, focused writing time
- discuss effective thesis/dissertation writing strategies
- develop effective writing habits to utilize throughout your career
Daily format (9am – 2pm):
- one hour of discussion and instruction focused on common challenges and key strategies for productive writing
- three hours of independent writing, with Writing Center staff support available
- an additional hour of discussion and instruction
The next session is Monday to Thursday, January 10-13th, 2022. Spring break Jump Start is scheduled for March 21-24, 2022. For questions or to reserve your spot contact Catherine Filardi: email@example.com
Note: You must be actively working on a writing project to participate, and will benefit from the program if you are ready to write at least part of your research proposal, thesis or dissertation. If you plan to work on a literature review, you should already have read, analyzed and taken notes on relevant articles before the workshop. If you are writing a thesis/dissertation chapter or a manuscript, plan to have completed the data analysis and created tables and figures in advance.