On the Snow
Register for trips and classes online, or at the Outdoor Program located on the northeast corner of the Fitness and Recreation Center near Washington-Grizzly stadium. Call (406) 243-5172 for more information.
Ski and Snowboard Maintenance Class
- Dates: November 2 or November 16 from 6 - 7pm at the ODP
- Description: learn how to tune and wax your snowboard or skis.
- Cost: $10
Avalanche Awareness Lecture
- When: November 30th or December 7th. 6pm North Underground Lecture Hall
- Cost: Free
- Description: A one-hour introduction and refresher about avalanche awareness and the avalanche phenomenon with Avalanche Specialists from the West Central MT Avalanche Center.Co-sponsored by the Outdoor Program and MissoulaAvalanche.org.
- When: December 4 or December 11. 9am - 2pm at the ODP
- Register by: December 2 or December 9
- Cost: $15 Includes instruction and beacons
- Description: An introduction to and/or a refresher course on using avalanche trancievers.
- When: December 4
- Register by: December 1
- Pre-trip Meeting: November 30 at 5pm in the ODP
- Cost: $40 includes transportation, trip leaders and rentals.
- Description: An introduction to cross country skiing on the beautiful trails of Lolo Pass.
Campus Recreation is an equal opportunity service provider that conducts certain activities under special permit with the US Forest Service, Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks and the Bureau of Land Management. The University of Montana's Campus Recreation trips are permitted on the Lolo, Bitterroot, and Clearwater National Forests (Clause VII.B.). The UM Outdoor Program is partners with Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics and a member of the American Canoe Association, Trout Unlimited, The Access Fund and the Professional Ski Instructors of America.