Boredom is Not an Option
There are only so many hours in the day, and with countless groups to join, sports to play and performances to take in, you’ll have no problem filling them. And that’s just on campus. Missoula makes a lot of “great places” lists and for good reason. Take it all in as a Grizzly. See for yourself with our new Virtual Tour!
Griz Hub: Be in the Know. Always.
Griz Hub is a useful tool for connecting UM students with all the events, resources and clubs right here on campus.
- Find student organizations and clubs to join!
- Check out our calendar of student-centered events at UM!
- Explore campus resources and opportunities available to students!
Every student wants to know if a college has good grub. At UM, the answer is a resounding “yes”! We’re known nationwide for our award-winning team of chefs, sustainability programs and special dining events.
- 3,000 pounds of fresh produce grown each year.
- Gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian and halal entrees at every meal.
- Campus Dining is also UM's largest student employer.
- Private, free, one-on-one nutrition counseling with our registered dietitian for all students with residential meal plans.
- A strong commitment to reduce, reuse and recycle within our operations
Our housing options create a living environment that fosters a sense of community and nurtures your educational experiences and personal development. We offer eight on-campus residence halls, apartment-style living in Lewis and Clark Village, and family housing in the University Villages. Welcome home.
There’s a so many great reasons to live on campus – you’ll do better in school, make lifelong friends, have a built-in support system and live at the center of Griz Nation. We have nine unique halls and a variety of accommodations to make you feel right at home.
If you are an upper-level student and apartment living is more your style, Lewis and Clark Village offers affordable two-and three-bedroom furnished units that are conveniently located on the campus bus line.
If you come packing kids, University Villages may be perfect for you. These unfurnished apartments range in size from studios to four-bedroom apartments. Housing priority is given to students who are married, students who have dependent children, and students with disabilities.
Serving veterans with pride
Veterans hold a special place in the heart of Griz Nation. Our VETS Office takes great pride in helping student veterans and their families navigate the educational benefits and programs offered through Veterans Affairs, and we work as your liaison between the University and the VA. We also connect veterans on campus with a variety of health resources including UM’s Neural Injury Center.
- 2020 Military Friendly School Award – Gold Level.
- Listed in the Military Advanced Education & Transition journal 2018 Guide to Top Colleges & Universities.
- Designated as a Purple Heart University, placing UM among a handful of select universities in the country to receive the honor.
Accessible for All
We believe potential should know no limits. That’s why we’re committed to providing equal opportunities in education, employment, programs, activities and services to everyone, including those with disabilities. To us, access is not only a civil right, it’s just right.
UM's Office for Disability Equity ensures that programs of the University of Montana are as accessible and usable by students with disabilities as they are for any student.
Your overall well-being is at the heart of everything we do at the Curry Health Center. We provide high-quality and affordable medical, dental, counseling and wellness services. We’re conveniently located right on campus making seeing a health professional easy and convenient. Get your teeth cleaned. And your shots. We promise it won’t hurt. Much.
- Dental fees 50-70 % less than other off-campus dental offices.
- Free online screenings for depression, PTSD, anxiety, eating disorders and more.
- Onsite pharmacy, labs and x-ray services.