SILC: Strengthening Indigenous Languages and Cultures
A Teacher Training Workshop for Native Language Instruction and Acquisition
April 14-16, 2016
(Strengthening Indigenous Languages & Cultures)
Below are video clips of stories in Arapaho and in-class learning.
To view or hear a story click on a title.
2009 Teaching Comments on Class Instruction
2011 Teaching Comments on Class Instruction
2012 Teaching Comments on Class Instruction
2013 Teaching Comments on Class Instruction
2014 Student Teacher Comments on Class Instruction
- Aug. 2014 Ariel in her 6th hour of Learning Arapaho
- April 2011: A Man and His Two Sons.mov
- May 2011 Grandfather is Ill
- Nov. 2010 Robert Tells Coo'ouu3ih'ohut.mov
- October 2010 The Little People.mov
- June 5, 2010 Erik's Story.mov
- June 5, 2010 Don't Drink the Water.mov 90 second clip.
- March 2010 Robert's comment on learning.mov 30 second Video
- Aug 2009: 1st Among the Birds. Sound file
- May 2009 Kyra Hall. This short example of a part of the final exam that shows several cases where student self-corrects plus thinks through the language to create, speak and learn new language aspects. Video clip runs 8 min.
- April 2008 Kieth Tells Coo'ouu3ih'ohut, the story of Flies High
- 2007: Notkoniihii, the story of the Scout