RSS Feed Technical Guide
The RSS Feed plugin
This plugin will require the URL of the desired RSS feed.
To have the RSS Feed added on your page, you'll need to provide the URL for
- RSS Title: This field will hold the name that you wish to have displayed for this plugin.
- RSS Feed: This field will hold the URL link to your blog feed.
This final section will help you customize how the RSS Feed plugin will be displayed.
- Number of Posts: This option will allow you to choose how many posts will be displayed. The default setting is set to 3 posts per page, but you can choose between 1 - 6 posts to be displayed.
- Show Title: This option will allow you to display the RSS Title you gave your plugin. By
defaultthis option is set to True to display the title of the plugin.
- Show Date: An option that will display the date of each post. By
defaultthis plugin is set to True so that the dates are displayed for each post below its title.
- Date Formatting: This option will determine how the date and time will be displayed for each post. Show Date must be set to True for this to take effect.
Aftertime: This option will display both the date and time each blog post was created in the format of month/day/year 0:00:00 AM/PM.
- Date: This is the default option and will display the date for each blog post in the format of month/day/year.
- Time: This option will display the time each blog post was created in the format of 0:00:00 AM/PM.
- Hide Content: This option will allow you to hide the content of the RSS feed, showing only the headings - and optionally an image - from each post.
- Show Only Partial Post: This option will allow you to customize how the blog posts will be displayed. By
defaultit is set to False and will display each post fully. When set to True each post will be truncated and will only display the first few sentences. Hide Content must be set to False for this to take effect.
- Hide Image: This option will allow you to hide the image the RSS Feed plugin pulls from your feed and displays to the left of each post. Show Only Partial Post must be set to True for this to take effect.
- More Link URL: An option that will display a ‘more from’ link when filled out.
- Initial Heading Level: This determines which heading level will be used first in your RSS feed. Heading levels will increment accordingly.