Who Are We?
In 2005, the College of Business's (COB) Career Development Program was created and funded by COB alumni serving on the College of Business's Advisory Council. As employers now trying to hire CoB students, these alumni saw the need for students to develop a career focus while in college, including job search training and network building. Returning employers now call the program one of their "best recruiting tools."
What Is Our Mission?
The mission of the Career Development program is to provide students with the best possible chance to be competitive in the business world by providing workshops; practice interviews; resume critiques; networking events to build their professional network; and effective job search advice from expert staff, business owners and human resource managers. We give employers the valuable opportunity to get to know students by providing campus visits, class visits and the opportunity to host office hours. Our program provides both employers and students the valuable opportunity to get to know each other and with a wealth of resources at their fingertips, CoB students now gain invaluable experience planning and achieving their career goals.
How We Accomplish This Mission:
- Recruiting Visits from top companies to the Gallagher Business Building – One-on-one student appointments, socials, presentations to Accounting, Finance, MIS, SHRM and/or Marketing student organizations.
- Employer and Student Networking Events – Networking opportunities for employers and students: Accounting, Finance, Management, MIS, Marketing, International Business, MAcct, MSBA and MBA.
- Internship and Part-time / Full-Time Openings – We get the word out when you are hiring.
- Resume Critiques and Practice Interviews.
- And more – we work with each employer to meet their needs.