Academic Year Gallery Hours:
Tuesdays through Saturdays: 12-6pm
Closed Monday, Sunday, and University Holidays
UM PARTV Center - Southside View
MMAC's Meloy and Paxson Galleries - Located Inside UM's PARTV Center
Displayed in two galleries that are open year round, the Museum's art exhibitions can be enjoyed free-of-charge, although a $5 donation is suggested and additional contributions are always welcome. The Meloy and Paxson Galleries are located in the Performing Arts and Radio/Television Center. The PARTV Center is on the north end of the UM campus near the Adams Center. Limited free parking is available at PARTV's northeast corner on E. Sixth Street.
MAPPING THE MMAC
Currently, the MMAC Galleries are mislabeled on several mapping apps. Google Maps has the correct location if you're using GPS.
Part of the UM campus (which is tucked between mountain, river, and western Montana's most populated city), the Montana Museum of Art & Culture has many treasures. The Montana Museum of Art & Culture's Meloy and Paxson galleries are located on The University of Montana campus in the Performance Arts Radio Television Center (known as the PARTV Center) building across from the Adams Center off of E. 6th Street. The galleries are located off the main lobby. The Museum offices are located in McGill Hall 212.
Directions to the Museum:
West Bound I-90:
1) Take Missoula's first exit onto Van Buren Street, turn left at the stop sign and merge into the right lane.
2) At the stoplight, turn right onto Broadway Street.
3) Move into the furthest left lane, and turn left onto Madison at the first stoplight.
4) Driving over the bridge, stay in the left lane, and veer left at the fork in the road. After the fork, keep to the left and turn left onto 6th Street at the stoplight. After making a left on 6th Street, get into the right lane. You will be heading due east and directly in front of you will be the Adams Center. You are now on campus.
East Bound I-90:
1) Take Missoula's last exit onto Van Buren Street, Exit 105, turn right at the stop sign and merge into the right lane.
2) Follow steps 2-4 from above.
More Montana art can be found across campus inside various buildings and out of doors as well. Use our Campus Art Walk Map - the walk is free and open to the public.
To arrange a free guided tour of the current exhibitions, contact us.
Find your way around the UM Campus by visiting UM's Interactive Campus Map.
Other galleries on the UM campus:
The student-run UC Art Gallery is located on the second floor of the University Center.