MISSOULA – The University of Montana has announced the 2020-21 class selected for the UM Advocates, a student leadership group that assists with recruiting, outreach, campus orientations and special events.
“The Advocates are an incredible asset to the University of Montana,” UM President Seth Bodnar said. “They are students with great leadership skills, knowledge of the University of Montana and energy to serve in a very important role on campus – often as a first point of contact for prospective students, new employees and visiting officials.”
The UM Advocates program was founded in 1969. Students are selected as UM Advocates after a rigorous process that includes interviews, presentations and written applications.
The 2020-2021 UM Advocates are listed in alphabetical order below:
- Grant Anderson of White Salmon, Washington. Anderson is a 2019 graduate of Columbia High School and is the son of James and Cheri Anderson.
- Madison Biggs of Reno, Nevada. Biggs is a 2020 graduate of the Academy of Arts, Careers and Technology High School and is the daughter of Dean and Sara Biggs.
- Marian Kale of Billings. Kale is a 2020 graduate of Billings Central Catholic High School and is the daughter of Kari Kale and Eric Saberhagen.
- Ann Killen of Huntley. Killen is a 2020 graduate of Huntley Project High School and is the daughter of Mike and Judy Killen.
- Rachel Scuri of Meridian, Idaho. Scuri is a 2020 graduate of Rocky Mountain High School and is the daughter of Laura Scuri, Matt Scuri and Annah Scuri.
- Madeline Staples of Butte. Staples is a 2020 graduate of Butte High School and is the daughter of Tom Staples and Laurel Staples.
- Holly Sudol of Edmonds, Washington. Sudol is a 2019 graduate of Archbishop Murphy High School and is the daughter of Steve Sudol and Andrea Sudol.
- August Tolzman of Seattle. Tolzman is a 2020 graduate of West Seattle High School and is the son of Wendy Nathan and Stephen Tolzman.
- Liv Wilson of Kalispell. Wilson is a 2020 graduate of Glacier High School and is the daughter of Dan Wilson and Tia Robbin.
Contact: Dave Kuntz, UM director of strategic communications, 406-243-5659, firstname.lastname@example.org.