NSILC: Natives Strengthening Indigenous Languages & Cultures
2009 Teaching Comments on Class Instruction
2011 Teaching Comments on Class Instruction
2012 Teaching Comments on Class Instruction
2013 Teaching Comments on Class Instruction
2014 Student Teacher Comments on Class Instruction
Giving the Gift of Language
Teacher Training Workshops for
Native Language Instruction and Acquisition
Below are video clips of students telling stories in Arapaho and talking about in-class learning.
To view or hear a story click on a title.
- Apr. 2014 Sterling on Learning Blackfoot Through ASLA
- Apr. 2010 Mary talks at Giving the Gift of Language about ASLA
- Apr, 2010 Students Talk About Learning Arapaho Through ASLA
- April 2011: A Man and His Two Sons.mov
- May 2011 Grandfather is Ill
- Apr. 2010 Mellssa Tells Coo'ouu3ih'ohut.mov
- Oct. 2010 The Little People.mov
- June 5, 2010 Erik's Story.mov
- June 5, 2010 Don't Drink the Water.mov 90 second clip.
- Mar. 2010 Robert comments on storytelling; 30 sec. Vid
- Aug 2009: 1st Among the Birds. Sound file
- May 2009 Kyra Hall. This short 8 minute video clip is an example of part of the final exam that shows several cases where the student self-corrects plus thinks through the language to create, speak and learn new language aspects.
- April 2008 Kieth Tells Coo'ouu3ih'ohut - Flies High
- 2007: Notkoniihii, the story of the Scout
- 2005 Building Complexity