National Student Exchange (NSE)
Where do YOU want to go?
NSE offers students a chance to explore new places, make new friends, recreate in diverse environments, eat cultural foods, avoid cold winters and grow academically by enrolling for a semester or academic year in one of 550+ academic majors at one of 170+ consortium schools located in:
- Canada – 7 provinces
- Puerto Rico – 9 Spanish-speaking campuses
- U.S. Virgin Islands – St. Croix and St. Thomas
- United States – 48 states, including 2 Hawaiian islands
- Predominantly Latino-serving institutions – 21 campuses
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities – 12 campuses
Can I Afford to Exchange?
Like volunteering, service learning, internships and undergraduate research, a study exchange will enhance your academics and expand your horizons . . . affordably! The application process only cost a small fee of $250!
OUT-OF-STATE students can save oodles of tuition as an in-state “guest” student at the NSE school of their choice—just select Plan A.
IN-STATE students can pay tuition to UM (with scholarships and federal financial aid applied) yet attend classes at the school of their choice -- just select Plan B.