National Student Employment Week
April 13-19, 2014
The National Student Employment Association (NSEA) has declared the second full week of April each year be set aside to recognize the value of student employees. In accordance, President Engstrom has proclaimed this week as National Student Employment Week at The University of Montana.
Please plan to join in the celebration by thanking the students who work in your department. For ideas and suggestions of how you can honor your student workers: "Ways to Celebrate".
Student employees who register on-line for the grand prize by April 17, 2014 will have a chance to will an iPad Air provided by the departments below:
Below is a list of the UM departments that will honor student employees. Each student employee will receive a Student Employee Bookmark from their employing department that allow them to participate in the following activities and discounts:
- Access to our “Punch Pass” Fitness classes in the Fitness and Recreation Center (FRC) so the students will need their valid Griz Card to gain access.
- Free bucket of range balls at the University of Montana Golf Course.
- $5.00 off any equipment rental or service valued at $5.00 or greater.
- One hour free game of pool in the UC Game Room.
- One hour free game of table tennis in the UC Game Room.
- $1 off large popcorn at the UC Theater.
50% off prints with your bookmark includes
- Color/Black & White
- Single Sided/Double Sided
- Unlimited quantities/Unlimited visits
- All week long!
*Excludes copies, art/large format prints, and specialty papers. See desk attendant for pricing and details.
STUDENT EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR
Additionally, one deserving UM student worker will be honored as The University of Montana Student Employee of the Year at a reception. The winning student will receive a plaque and a $500 scholarship. UM's winning student will also be moved forward to the state level. The nomination submission period runs from December to February.