More about reporting Title IX violations
Reports to the EO/Title IX Coordinator may be made via several avenues:
- Call the EO/Title IX Coordinator at (406) 243-5710 and talk to staff or leave a private voice message
- Send a confidential email to one of the EO/Title IX Coordinator staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
- File a complaint or report on the form available online which can also be accessed from the EO/TIX home page.
- Mail a letter to the EO/Title IX Coordinator at University Hall 006, Missoula MT 59812
- Visit one of the EO/Title IX Coordinator staff in University Hall 006
The EO/Title IX Coordinator accepts anonymous and third-party reports of conduct and will follow up on such reports. The individual making the report is encouraged to provide as much detailed information as possible to allow the coordinator to investigate and respond as appropriate. The EO/Title IX Coordinator may be limited in the ability to investigate an anonymous report unless sufficient information is furnished to her to conduct a meaningful and fair investigation.
In order to enable UM to respond effectively and to proactively stop instances of sexual assault, dating violence, relationship violence and stalking involving students, all University employees must, within 24 hours of receiving the information, report all information they have about possible sexual misconduct involving UM students to the EO/Title IX Coordinator. This includes names of involved individuals and any other details such as time and location.