Online Learning Agreement
Sara Thane with her fellow interns during her White House Internship Summer 2013
The Online Learning Agreement (OLA) allows student interns, faculty, and employers to be connected in an organized and efficient manner. Through the OLA, everyone involved is able to see and approve the details of an internship including associated learning objectives and job descriptions. The OLA highlights the educational nature of the internship experience. This system also allows faculty to view evaluations completed by the student and the supervisor at the conclusion of the internship for assessment purposes.
It is the student's responsibility to complete the OLA and to register for the academic credit in a timely manner. Ideally, this paperwork should be submitted well in advance of the internship's start date.
Steps for Completing the Online Learning Agreement (Students Only)
- Print off and/or review the Online Learning Agreement Worksheet.
- Log on to your Griz eRecruiting account using the gray box to the left and your NetID.
- Once you are signed in to your account, click the “Report an Internship Hire” link on the left side of the screen.
- Select the grey “Other” tab near the bottom of the page after selecting the correct academic term from the drop down.
- Fill in the "Organization Name" and "Job Title" fields then press "Save."
- Complete the rest of the Online Learning Agreement fields using the worksheet.
- You can cut/paste your Job Description and Learning Objectives from another document or upload them directly into the “Internship Document” area.
- Select “Finish” when you are done. If you need to make changes to your agreement, please contact our office instead of resubmitting the entire form.
- DON'T FORGET TO REGISTER FOR THE INTERNSHIP CREDITS THROUGH CYBERBEAR WITH AN OVERRIDE FROM YOUR FACULTY ADVISOR!
What Happens Next?
Once an Online Learning Agreement is submitted, our office will review the document and send the student who submitted the form an email within 48 hours confirming that the OLA was processed. After we have reviewed the document, an email with a link to the OLA will be sent to the indicated work supervisor and faculty internship advisor for electronic approval. At this point, the student should also register for the internship credit via a faculty-signed override slip if he/she has not done so already.
How Can I View a Submitted OLA?
Students and Faculty can check the status of an Online Learning Agreement at anytime by following the directions below.
- Sign-in to your Griz eRecruiting account with your NetID
- Select the "View Activity" link to the left of the page
- Click on the "Internship Record" tab
- Select the "View" link next to the Online Learning Agreement you wish to review
Faculty & Employers:
- Sign-in to your Griz eRecruiting account (contact our office for login credentials)
- Select "Internship Hired Students" in the left-hand navigation
- Select the correct term to filter your results
- Click on the blue "View Internship" link next to the student you wish to view
How Do I Change a Learning Agreement?
No one (outside of Internship Services Staff) can change a learning agreement once it has been submitted and approved. However, if the details of the internship change (supervisor name, credit hours, approximate dates etc.), please contact our office as soon as possible to have the OLA changed.