Letter from the Director
Welcome to Residence Life! We are pleased that you have chosen to live on campus, and look forward to helping make your stay a great experience. We in Residence Life are committed to building residence hall and apartment communities that are positive, respective, and inclusive for all students.
We believe that living in a residence hall or apartment community can actually enrich and enhance your university education, as well as make your life at The University of Montana more comfortable and convenient. Residence Life staff are ready to provide you with a great living and learning experience in our communities. We’d like to take this opportunity to encourage you to get involved in your community in a positive manner or to engage in activities across the University to enrich and enhance your overall University experience. Boundless opportunities wait for you, all that you have to do is take advantage of them!
Residence Life has created a strategic plan for the department and our core values are important to us.
Have a great year and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. This is the start of an amazing journey at The University of Montana!
Sandy Curtis, Director of Residence Life
Residence Life provides safe, clean, healthy, and affordable living and learning facilities that fosters an inclusive community living environment for students, staff, faculty, and guests. Services provided in these facilities support and nurture educational experiences and personal development at The University of Montana.
Residence Life Core Values
- Safety ... We cultivate a shared responsibility with residents, employees, and guests to actively promote safety and well-being within our community.
- Fiscal Responsibility ... We budget proactively to ensure the continuation and growth of quality housing programs and services.
- Inclusive ... We create positive, inclusive, and respectful living and learning communities that nurture a diverse campus.
- Compassionate ... We foster a community atmosphere of understanding and kindness while providing personal growth opportunities and accountability.
- Innovative ... We engage in proactive and sustainable practices in our programs, services, and decision making to provide the highest quality experiences for The University of Montana.
- Collaborative ... We partner with the campus and Missoula community to deliver quality programs and services for our residents.