CSA Training, Reporting and Resources
Clery Crime Definitions
A list of Clery Act Crime Definitions can be found here for reference.
Who is a CSA?
The 2016 Clery Handbook identifies four groups of individuals and organizations associated with an institution as Campus Security Authorities:
A campus police department or a campus security department of an institution.
- Any individual(s) who have responsibility for monitoring access into a building but who do not constitute a campus police department or a campus security department.
- Examples: Special event staff, parking enforcement
- Any individual or organization specified in an institution's statement of campus security policy as an individual or organization to which students and employees should report criminal offenses.
- Examples: Title IX Coordinator, University Police
- An official of an institution who has significant responsibility for student and campus activities, including, but not limited to, student housing, student discipline and campus judicial proceedings.