Students with a Disability

UM’s Disability Services for Students and Residence Life work together to ensure that students with disabilities can participate in all Residence Life programs.

If you are applying for the University Villages or Lewis & Clark Village and have a disability and will need to request reasonable modifications for housing, please indicate the type of modification you are requesting on the application and contact Disability Services for Students. Medical documentation may be required.

If you are applying for the Residence Halls, please submit an online housing application and then contact Disability Services for Students to request a housing modification. Medical documentation may be required. 

Please note that timely housing applications and requests for accessibility are critical if you wish to have accessible housing when you arrive on campus. 

To contact Disability Services for Students, please call 406-243-2243.

Transgender Students

Residence Life strives to have positive, inclusive, and respectful communities for all students. We are committed to working individually and with discretion for students in transition to ensure their housing placement meets their needs. Please contact Kelly Magnuson, Assistant Director of Residence Life, at 406-243-5929 if you have any questions.