- UM is nestled in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape.
- The University of Montana is a place where top-tier students, educators and researchers from across the country and around the globe come to thrive.
- UM is located in Missoula.
- The University draws a diverse population to Missoula and helps cultivate an educated, engaged and vibrant community.
- About 12,000 students attend UM and Missoula College.
- Students receive a world-class education in a broad range of subjects that include the trades, liberal arts, graduate and postdoctoral study and professional training.
- UM has an affiliation with four institutions around the state.
- Montana’s second-largest city
- Greater metropolitan population of over 115,000 residents
- Amazing recreational opportunities
- Close to world-famous Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park
- Missoula is a safe, welcoming city.
- Missoula is the best place in western Montana’s entertainment and arts and culture.
UM has an affiliation with four institutions around the state: the flagship campus in Missoula, University of Montana Western located in Dillon, Montana Tech of the University of Montana in Butte, and Helena College of the University of Montana. Each institution has its own unique emphasis, character, and learning environment.