Submitting a Recital Program
Health & Safety
UM Academic Calendar
Facilities Rental Form
36th Concert Band Festival
February 26-27, 2018
- Stimulating and enriching experience in an educational atmosphere.
- Get feedback from some of the profession's top educators.
- Over 100 bands from 50 schools from 4 states have attended since 2000.
- Over 90% of the schools return to the festival the following year!
- 30-minute performance block in the 1,100 seat Dennison Theatre. UM Faculty clinicians will provide written comments.
- 30-minute clinic block with guest clinicians after your performance.
- 60-minute clinic from guest artist presented at 12:00 p.m. Monday & Tuesday.
- 45-minute performance by UM Symphonic Wind Ensemble featuring the guest artist in the Dennison Theatre at 1:00 p.m. Monday & Tuesday.
- First come, first served basis up to 24 bands.
- Applications and payments must be received by Friday, February 16, 2018.
- Registration Fee: $225 for one ensemble and $400 for two ensembles
- Invoices will be provided to each school upon registration
- Verification of acceptance and more information will be forthcoming
Festival Application - WE ARE FULL FOR 2018.
- Performed internationally as a classical and jazz artist
- "one of the world's top saxophone artists..." Audiophile Audition magazine.
- Associate Professor of Music, Arizona State University
- Yamaha performing artist
Dr. Gregory X. Whitmore
- Director of Bands, Mt. San Antonio College, Walnut, CA
- Music Director, Pacific Symphony Orchestra Youth Wind Ensemble
- 13 years of high school experience in Palm Springs, CA
- Former drum major of the University of Michigan Marching Band
- Degrees: Michigan, CSU-Fullerton, Columbia
Dr. Gerard Morris
- Director of Bands, University of Puget Sound
- Extensive teaching experience at the middle school and high school levels in Colorado and Michigan.
- Music director, Puget Sound Youth Wind Ensemble (PSYWE).
- Degrees: Western Michigan University, University of Colorado, Northwestern University.