Assistance in Washington
The University works with Strategic Marketing Innovations (SMI) in Washington, D.C. on a variety of tasks including increasing our external funding and informing our federal congressional delegation of the current University priorities. SMI works directly with the Office of Research and Creative Scholarship and can provide support to UM faculty with:
- Information on bills, legislation, hearings, reports, administration policy proposals, proposed regulations, Executive orders, etc.
- Assistance in identifying relevant program managers in departments and agencies.
- Assistance with making appointments on the Hill and in the Executive agencies.
- Help in preparing materials for Hill and agency visits.
- Help in preparing for presentations, reverse site visits, etc.
- Advice on grant preparation; review of proposals.
- Space for individuals to work when in DC or for meetings. Space is in SMI offices at 11020 19th Street NW.
If you would like to utilize SMI for one of these services, contact the Office of Research and Creative Scholarship.