Law & Reporting for Survivors

We can help, you are not alone. SARC advocates can accompany you through the process including accompaniment to resources or reporting offices. If you want more information about reporting click here

If you have additional questions please give SARC a call. We are here!

Academic Reporting

Title IX Coordinator and the Director of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, Jessica Weltman (406) 243-5710

If you have been the victim of sexual misconduct or are aware of sexual misconduct and would like to find out about how the University can help you, contact Jessica Weltman at 243-5710. If you have concern about behavior that makes you uncomfortable but you're not sure if it is serious enough to warrant a complaint, or if you're not sure what you'd like to happen, Jessica can help.

  • To view the Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Stalking and Retaliation Policy click here.
  • To view the Sexual Misconduct Laws and Policies, click here.

Criminal Reporting

A criminal report can be filed with the University Police Department, the Missoula Police Department or the Missoula County Sheriff's office. To report you can call any one of the following:

  • The University of Montana Police Department (406) 243-4000
  • The Missoula Police Department at 9-1-1 or (406) 552-6300
  • The Missoula County Sheriff at 9-1-1 or (406) 258-4810

For more information about agencies, reporting and resources, click here.

For information about the Montana Code Annotated Sexual Assault Legal Definition click here.