Open Educational Resources (OER) task force
The Open Educational Resources Task Force invites you to to register to attend the Open Textbook Network OER Workshop on September 20, 2019 at UM. The workshop will run from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in Room 330 of the University Center. Attendees will learn about OER, open education, student and faculty needs, and how to lead faculty OER workshops.
As a “train-the-trainer” style workshop, it is designed for faculty members, chairs, and deans who are interested in adopting and promoting open resources in their own classes and in helping other faculty members learn more about finding and adopting open resources. Come learn about the many benefits of OER, including savings students money and contributing to student success and retention, and how to support the use of OER at UM.
Registration is free. Lunch and snacks will be provided.
This workshop is a joint effort by the University of Montana, TRAILS, the Open Textbook Network (OTN), the Montana University System, and the MT Board of Regents.
Task force members
- Jon Aliri, UM Bookstore
- Jim Caringi, School of Social Work
- Nancy Clouse, Senior Instructional Designer, SELL (co-chair)
- Gillian Glaes, Department of HIstory
- Annie Green, Division of Biological Sciences
- Teressa Keenan, Head of BMS/Metadata Librarian, Mansfield Library
- Amy Kinch, Director, Faculty Development Office
- Megan Stark, Undergraduate Services Librarian, Mansfield Library
- Wendy Walker, Digital Initiatives Librarian, Mansfield Library (co-chair)
- Erin Wecker, Director of Composition, Department of English
- Jaci Wilkinson, Web Services Librarian, Mansfield Library
- Shali Zhang, Dean, Mansfield Library