ASUM Board of Transportation
The ASUM Office of Transportation is governed by a nine-member board of directors. Board members are appointed by the ASUM Vice-President and confirmed by the Senate. The board consists of ASUM senators and students-at-large. The Transportation Director and other transportation staff often participate in meetings in a non-voting capacity. Contact email@example.com if you wish to join the board.
The Transportation Board meets bi-weekly in the University Center throughout the semester. Meetings are open to the students and the general public.
The ASUM Transportation Board is responsible for:
- annual review and approval of the Office of Transportation budget
- annual review of the transportation fee
- assessment of the performance of the Director of the Office of Transportation
- giving a binding vote on projects amounting to 2% or more of the Office of Transportation budget
- submitting for approval to the ASUM Senate any project which a.) amounts to 6% or more of the annual Office of Transportation budget, and b.) is approved in committee by anything less than a unanimous decision of all members present
- developing a short term (one year or less) plan to be decided at the first meeting of each academic year
- developing a long range (five or more years) planning goals is to be decided upon at the first meeting of this committee. Both plans may be amended at any point with a two-thirds (2/3) majority of the Board.