The University will make reasonable accommodations or program modifications as appropriate to remove any barriers that may exist for an individual with a disability.
- Students who have a disability should contact Disability Services for Students (DSS) at (406) 243-2243 or email@example.com. DSS is located in Room 154 in the Lommasson Center.
- Employees who need a reasonable accommodation for a disability should contact Cindy Boies in Human Resource Services (HRS) at (406) 243-2286. HRS is located in Room 252 in the Lommasson Center.
- Individuals concerned about access for individuals with disabilities at the University may contact the ADA Team.
Services & Organizations
- Disability Services for Students
- ADA Team
- Alliance for Disability and Students at the University of Montana (ADSUM)
- Diversity Advisory Council
- Montana Accessibility Interest Group
It is the disabled individual's responsibility to begin the reasonable accommodation discussion, and the University's responsibility to engage in a good-faith interaction with the individual, so that both parties can cooperate to develop a reasonable accommodation.
- If you feel you are being discriminated against because of a disability or perception of disability, contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action to file a discrimination grievance.
- If you encounter a physical, electronic, or programmatic barrier on the UM campus, such as an inoperative elevator or wheelchair lift, an inaccessible website, a blocked access ramp, or a refusal to make a reasonable accommodation, please file a barrier report to remove those barriers as quickly as possible and maintain access for everyone.
- You may also request mediation for a problem through the Alternative Dispute Resolution process.