Accommodations and Disability Access for Students

Students with a Disability

UM’s Office for Disability Equity and UM Housing work together to ensure that students with disabilities can participate in all UM Housing programs.

If you are applying for Lewis and Clark Village and have a disability and will need to request a reasonable accommodation for housing, please indicate the type of accommodation you are requesting on the application and contact the Office for Disability Equity. Medical documentation may be required.

If you are applying for the Residence Halls or University Villages, please submit an online housing application and then contact the Office for Disability Equity to request a housing accommodation. Medical documentation may be required. 

Please note that timely housing applications and requests for accessibility are critical if you wish to have accessible housing when you arrive on campus. 

To contact Office for Disability Equity, please call (406) 243-2243.

Transgender Students

UM Housing strives to have positive, inclusive, and respectful communities for all students. We are committed to working individually and with discretion for students in transition to ensure their housing placement meets their needs. Please contact Michael Burk-Boggs, Assistant Director of Assignments & Occupancy, at (406) 243-4243 if you have any questions.