Missoula was recently ranked 4th in the nation for arts activity among medium-sized cities. Join the School of Art at the center of this vibrant creative community. Our four buildings and five galleries are alive with creative projects and events throughout the term.
- Student artwork is exhibited in over 50 events off-campus in downtown Missoula each year.
- Students intern, volunteer or work at nearly every arts organization in town, including the Missoula Art Museum, Montana Museum of Art and Culture, Zootown Arts Center, The Clay Studio of Missoula and downtown contemporary galleries.
- Classes regularly travel to other towns and cities to visit artist studios, see exhibitions or work with curators and scholars.
- Each term, ceramic students spend a week firing a 60-foot Anagama wood kiln.
- Nearly once a month, nationally-renown visiting artists lecture and meet with students. Recent visiting artists include Judy Pfaff, Whitney Biennial artist MK Guth, critics Linda Weintraub and Rebecca Solnit.
- Student groups sponsor exhibitions, and present events, like the themed "Beaux Arts Ball" in honor of our graduating seniors.