The Center seeks to serve as a convenient point-of contact for inquiries related to biotechnology research and development. Researchers, entrepreneurs and product developers can be assisted in obtaining specific information from appropriate University offices and research units.
Using a broad definition of the term "biotechnology," the Center collaborates with researchers to identify projects that build on existing strengths and that address needs relevant to the State of Montana. Representative areas of interest include:
- biomedical and veterinary research, with an emphasis on infectious and cardiovascular diseases, environmental health, and neuroscience
- applied and environmental microbiology
- environmental chemistry and toxicology
- wildlife, fish, and forest ecology
- wood products and biomass utilization
The Center also maintains collaborations with public and private research institutions in the state including: