24th National Conference on Undergraduate Research
1. UM's graduate program in creative writing tied for 10th place in U.S. News and World Report's list of America's best graduate programs.
2. UM journalism graduates have won eight Pulitzer Prizes.
3. UM is ranked 17th in the nation and fifth among public universities in producing Rhodes Scholars.
4. Rolling Stone magazine deemed UM's campus the most scenic in America.
5. UM was rated in the top 10 colleges nationally by Outside Magazine for combining academic quality and outdoor recreation.
6. The Grizzly football team has reached the NCAA Division I-AA national playoffs a record 16 consecutive years, winning national championship titles in 1995 and 2001.
7. UM has the No. 3 ranked Easter egg hunt in the country, according to a 2002 USA Today article.
8. UM's Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library houses the earliest authorized edition of the Lewis and Clark journals.
9. On May 21, 2003, UM student Jess Rosskelley became the youngest American to reach the summit of Mount Everest.
10. UM is home to Monte, the 2003 and 2005 Capital One National Mascot of the Year.