Tom Boone Town and Gown Award
The Tom Boone Town and Gown Award were established to recognize faculty members who foster a deeper understanding between the University and Missoula. The award honors Missoula attorney and longtime University friend Thomas H. Boone. In 1978, Boone and five other local businessmen assisted President Richard Bowers in founding the Excellence Fund Missoula Business Drive to establish better relations. The drive continues to serve that goal and raises more than $120,000 for the University each year.
Send all nominations to Rebecca Power by 5 p.m. on Friday, December 15th
- The award will recognize the faculty member who most demonstrates community involvement and exemplifies a good relationship between campus and community.
- Any UM Faculty member is eligible to receive the award.
- Nominations will be accepted from UM Faculty members.
- Application Materials should include:
- Nomination Form
- Faculty member's CV
- 3 Letters of support
- The Tom Boone Town and Gown Award will be presented at the University of Montana Charter Day Ceremony on Thursday, February 15, 2018, at 5:30 p.m.
in the Dennison Theatre.
- A $1,500 stipend accompanies the Award.