Residence Hall Events
To welcome students for Spring Semester, Residence Life partners with the Student Involvement Network to host a series of social events for students. All events are free for Residence Hall students. The Spring 2018 schedule includes:
- Grocery Bingo: Saturday, January 20th from 7:00-9:00pm in the Dell Brown Room in Turner Hall
- Open Play Night: Sunday, January 21st from 7:00-10:00pm in the UC Game Room
- Building and Area Events: There will be additional events throughout the weeekend in the residence halls. Check with your RA for more information!
- Floor Meetings: Monday, January 22nd-Tuesday, January 23rd. Please see your RA for the specific date/time/location
Each month Residence Life hosts a Hall Brawl for all students living in the Residence Halls. Each Residence Hall staff takes turns hosting these events to allow students to meet others from across campus while building Hall Pride and Spirit.
To go along with the Hall Brawls, each Residence Hall has a team color that they are encouraged to wear while attending the Hall Brawls. The team colors are: Aber - Orange, Craig/Elrod/Duniway - Lime Green, Jesse - Red, Miller/Pantzer - Purple, and Turner/Knowles - Bright Blue. By attending the Hall Brawls, students can build a greater sense of community with their fellow hall-mates while also meeting other students living on campus.
The Spring 2018 Hall Brawls Schedule
- February: More information to come. Hosted by Aber/Miller/Pantzer Halls
- March: More information to come. Hosted by Craig/Elrod/Duniway Halls
- April: More information to come. Hosted by Jesse/Turner/Knowles Halls
Social Justice Programming
Residence Life strives to create positive, inclusive, and respectful living and learning communities that nurture a diverse campus. One way that we do this is by planning and putting on programs that focus on topics of social justice. Each semester, Residence Life works with a group of student staff members to plan these programs.
Residence Life also partners with Undergraduate Advising, Career Services, and Student Wellness through the Curry Health Center to offer all Residence Hall students more programming focused on the academic needs of students. Programs provided by this collaboration include a Resource Fair, Information on Spring Registration, Studying for Final Exams, Getting a Better Start to Your Spring Semester, Exploring Majors, and Resume Writing. These programs strive to address academic stressors that many first-time students may be experiencing as they transition into college and can learn about the vast array of resources available to them on campus. Often the Writing Center and Math Lab are in attendance at the programs to connect with students.
Griz Welcome Events
Each Fall during Residence Hall Move-In and into the first week of classes, Residence Life hosts and collaborates with campus partners to offer daily events focused on new students for Griz Welcome. The Fall 2017 Griz Welcome schedule included:
Game Room Night
Residence Hall Floor Meetings
Movies on the Oval
Shakespeare in the Parks
Student Employment Fair