Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- To receive high quality, cost-effective, culturally sensitive healthcare.
- To be treated with respect, consideration, privacy, and dignity.
- To maintain confidentiality of patient disclosures and health records.
- To know provider's name, specialty, and position; to specify preference regarding gender; and to change provider if requested, depending on availability.
- To receive complete, current information regarding diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis in understandable terms prior to treatment.
- To be informed of the benefits, possible risks or side effects of treatment, alternate methods, and the potential consequences of treatment refusal.
- To be informed of other health care options before making treatment decisions.
- To express any dissatisfaction directly to one’s provider, to a department director or to the Curry Health Center Director.
- To be informed of personal responsibilities involved in seeking health care and maintaining health and wellbeing after treatment.
- To have access to health education materials.
- To be informed of the right to refuse to participate in any research conducted at Curry Health Center.
- To be informed of any costs for services if possible.
- To be on time and if unable to keep an appointment, to cancel immediately so another patient can be scheduled at that time.
- To present details of condition in a clear, direct manner.
- To respond to providers, other staff and other patients with respect and consideration.
- To ask for clarification if information or instructions are not understood.
- To comply with treatment plan.
- To let Curry Health Center employees know your degree of satisfaction with your care.
- To provide valid identification at each visit and to pay for costs incurred.
- To wear face coverings and use hand sanitizer when entering Curry Health Center as well as answer COVID-19 risk screening questionnaire daily when entering our building.
- Advance Health Care Directives may be registered in Montana at: Advance Health Care Directives Registry