NOW HIRING for summer programming: Lifeguards and Swim Instructors needed!
The novel coronavirus has proven to be exceptionally contagious. Campus Recreation remains committed to doing all that we can to mitigate its spread. We insist, as caring members of the broader University and Missoula community, that the COVID-19 mitigation policies listed below be observed to reduce the risk of infection to yourselves, your fellow patrons, and your loved ones. Please continue to check our social media channels and website for more information and updates as well as the University of Montana Coronavirus Updates webpage.
At the direction of the Missoula City-County Health Department, the Grizzly Pool will be open with a limited capacity. Reservations are required and swimmers can make a reservation by calling 243-2763 or online at Lap Swim Reservations. A reservation system facilitates physical distancing by reducing the number of people in the facility at one time.
- If you are exhibiting any symptoms related to COVID-19: fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste or smell, muscle pain, headache, etc… please do not come to the Grizzly Pool and instead seek medical attention.
- Face coverings are required in the facility except for when you are showering or actively swimming.
- Maintain at least six (6) feet between you and any other people who are not part of your immediate household.
- We recommend that you sanitize your hands often while in the facility.
Our Modified Schedule changes each week and is by reservation only.
- Lap lanes will be limited to one swimmer per lane except for swimmers from the same immediate household.
- Pre-payment is not required; pay or use your punch card or Griz Card at the pool.
- Please call 243-2763 if you are unable to attend your session, so we can open the reservation to another swimmer.
- Reservations can be made one week in advance.
- Swim sessions are for one hour. Swimmers need to be clear of the facility 15 minutes after the end of the session to allow for staff to clean and prepare for the next session.
- The weight room and sauna are not available.
Attention Lap Swimmers:
With the adjusted UM academic calendar and the challenges that the pandemic presents, the current Lifeguard Staff at the University of Montana’s Grizzly Pool is not sufficient to cover programming demands. We are limiting the Lap Swim Sessions available according to what we can staff. It is even more important that reservations are canceled in advance if you are not able to attend so that others may be given the opportunity to swim. We want to be able to get as many people in to swim as possible under the COVID guidelines.
You can cancel lane reservations from the online portal by signing in:
- Click on your name in the upper right corner and select profile
- Select programs from the personal information menu on the left
- Select cancel registration from the three-dot menu next to the reservation you want to cancel.
Because we are experiencing participants not showing up for their reserved lap swim times, the Grizzly Pool is implementing a new policy. Effective immediately, a three-strike rule is being implemented. Anyone who receives 3 strikes (3 “no shows”) will be required to purchase a punch pass (if they don’t already have one) to be able to hold additional Lap Swim Reservations. Any “no show” after that will result in a punch being taken from the pass.
Thank you for your cooperation!
- Face coverings are required to be worn in the locker rooms.
- Items may NOT be hung on the outside of the lockers. Items hung on the outside of lockers will impede the disinfection process. Any item hung on the outside of the lockers will be taken down immediately and placed in lost and found.
- Locker rooms will be monitored for crowding.
Aquatic Staff Safety Protocols
- Staff has been trained in COVID-19 safety protocols and procedures.
- Staff will undergo a health assessment at the beginning of each shift.
- Staff will regularly sanitize all frequently touched surfaces, including restrooms and locker rooms throughout the day with the EPA-registered disinfectant.
- Desk staff will wear a face mask/face covering.
Open to both Campus Recreation members and the general public, the Grizzly Pool boasts the only 25-yard competition pool in Missoula. The daily schedule at the pool includes lap swim and recreational swim. Propel yourself up and down the lanes working on your swimming strokes, and splash your way to a fitter, healthier you in AquaHIIT. You can test your balance with Key Log rolling or get your First Aid and CPR/AED certification at the Grizzly Pool as well! The clean and inviting facility also offers rental lockers, a dry sauna and a weight room designed specifically for swimmers' workouts. Plus, the pool and adjoining conference room are available for rent for a variety of events.