Chemistry and Biochemistry
|Chemistry||M.A.; M.S.; Ph.D.||Program Description|
|Chemistry (Analytical/Environmental Option)||M.S.; Ph.D.||Program Description|
|Chemistry (Inorganic Option)||M.S.; Ph.D.||Program Description|
|Chemistry (Organic Option)||M.S.; Ph.D.||Program Description|
|Chemistry (Physical Option)||M.S.; Ph.D.||Program Description|
Admission Application Instructions
- Applying for admission to the graduate program in Chemistry is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report GRE scores. All non-native speakers must take either the TOEFL exam or the IELTS exam and submit the scores to The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average)
- 3 Letters of recommendations.
- A personal statement describing your background, objectives, research interests, motivation, and your fit for the department. Applicants should list faculty in whose research they are interested and are encouraged to contact the faculty directly before the deadline. The statement should be no more than two pages..
- Upload resume
- Pay the application fee.
- Second: Request Official Scores and Two Official Transcripts:
- Request that official GRE scores be sent to the University of Montana using code 4489.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry from all colleges and universities you have attended (excluding University of Montana) Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Fall - Priority will be given to complete application packets postmarked by December 15th. Complete application packets received after this date will be considered on a space available basis.
- Spring - Priority will be given to complete application packets postmarked by September 15th. Complete application packets received after this date will be considered on a space available basis.
|Chemistry & Biochemistry|
Chemistry Building - Room 115
Federal Express Delivery - Street Address
32 Campus Drive #1656
Missoula, MT 59812-1656
Graduate Recruitment Coordinator
Fax: (406) 243-4227
Graduate Recruitment Chair
Professor Chris Palmer