About Applying to University Villages

I have applied to University Villages and have paid my application fee. Does this guarantee me housing for the next semester?

No. Once you have applied, you will be placed on a waiting list.  As we receive notice from residents of their intent to vacate, we offer apartments out to the next person on the waiting list.  Because it is not possible to determine how many vacate notices we will receive in any given time period, we cannot guarantee when a unit will be offered to you.

About Rent

Are the rent rates based on my income?

No. Rent rates are the same for all tenants based on the area the unit is located and the number of bedrooms.

How do I pay my rent in advance with my Financial Aid money?

You will need to fill out a “Request for Rent to be Paid by Financial Aid” form at the University Village Office. This will need to be turned in before your financial aid money is posted to your Cyberbear account at the beginning of each semester.  Typically you will need to fill out the form and turn it in to the UV office the first week of August for the Fall semester,  the first week of January for the spring semester and the first week of May for the Summer semester.

How can I get the form to pay rent with financial aid before I move in?

Contact the University Villages office 406-243-6030 to have one sent to you. These forms are only available for a period of time before each semester begins.

How do I pay my rent in advance with my Financial Aid money if I have already received my refund?

You may go to the Residence Life Office and indicate to them how many months in advance you would like to pay. They will place the rent charges on your account and take your payment to apply it toward those charges.

Will I get a late fee for rent if the 1st is over the weekend and the Residence Life Office is closed?

No, you will not receive a late fee as long as rent is paid the 1st business day after the weekend.

About Living in University Villages

Do I have to move out between semesters?

No. University Villages does not require tenants to move out between semesters and must give a 30 day notice to vacate the unit.

How do I put in a maintenance request for my apartment?

Maintenance requests can be submitted on Residence Life Online. You may also call the University Village office Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, at 406-243-6030. Please call early in the day to allow the maintenance technician time to complete the repair. Repair requests submitted later in the day may not be done until the following day unless it is an emergency. If you have an EMERGENCY repair after 5pm, please call 406-243-6030 and the after hours Community Assistant will assist you.

If I am having trouble with my neighbor, who do I report it to?

You are encouraged to speak with the Community Assistant in your area. If you are unsure of who your CA is please contact the University Village office 406-243-6030. You may also call the office number 243-6030 between 5pm and 8am to speak to the after hours CA for issues that arise overnight.

Where is the Community Center located and what hours is it open?

The Community Center is located at 2595 Maurice Ave directly behind the University Village office. It is open for use each day of the week from 12pm to 9pm.

Where may my guests and visitors park?

Visitor parking is limited to four areas: 1) City street parking 2) West side of Yreka Court where designated 3) North end of Helena Court where designated 4) Cinnabar Drive, north & south ends where designated.

Are pets allowed in University Villages?

Fish are the only pets currently allowed in University Villages apartments. Residents with an unapproved pet will be in violation of the Student Conduct Code and may be evicted. This policy also applies to any guest visiting a tenant.  If a unapproved or unauthorized pet is found on the premises, violators could lose their entire damage deposit and  may be evicted through the Student Conduct Code process. Any damages, including the replacement of carpet, will be billed to your student account.  Exceptions will be made for individuals who require a service or companion animal. This request must go through the Disability Services for Students office. This request must be submitted and approved prior to the animal being in the apartment.

I have been placed on Academic Suspension for the next semester. Do I need to vacate my apartment at University Villages?

Yes. Students living in student housing are required to successfully complete at least 7 credits per semester.  If you were unable to complete these classes you will need to give a 30 day notice and vacate.

Why can I not store furniture or tires outside my apartment?

In the interest of fire safety, please keep all stairways, landings balcony walkways, and breezeways clean and free of obstructions such as toys, bikes, boxes, furniture, tires, large plants and the like. We reserve the right to remove any obstructions that create unsafe or unsightly conditions.

May I smoke cigarettes outside my apartment on my balcony or stairs?

In accordance with the University of Montana’s tobacco free policy, students may also not smoke or use tobacco products outside the apartment buildings on campus property. Tobacco use is allowable only at the following locations: Sidewalks along Beckwith, Arthur, 5th and 6th Streets west of Maurice, Maurice north of 6th, Kim Williams trail, and all properties outside of those borders and beyond boundaries of any property of The University of Montana.

About Moving Out

When must I vacate after graduating?

You are required to put in a 30 day notice and vacate 30 days after graduation.

How do I give my 30 day notice?

A 30 day vacate notice can be submitted by completing the online Vacate Form. Your 30 day notice is valid from the date the University Villages Office receives the form. You will be charged 30 days of rent from the date the form is submitted or rent through the date you indicate you are vacating, whichever is longer.  For more information on moving out, please see the Vacate Policy and Procedures Guide.

How do I receive my damage deposit after I have vacated?

Your damage deposit will be placed on your student account.  If you are due a refund (your move out charges and all other charges owed to the school do not exceed your deposit amount), it will be administered via the option you chose through Business Services.  If you are unsure of how you are set up to receive refunds from the University of Montana, please contact Business Services.