We love travel. Do you? UM offers students the exciting opportunity to study abroad in one of over 50 countries through three different UM sponsored programs: Partner Universities, International Student Exchange Programs (ISEP), and Faculty-Directed Study Abroad Programs.
Top 5 Reasons to Study Abroad:
- Increase Job Prospects
- Expand Global Awareness
- Make Connections
- Seize New Opportunities
Check out How to Apply here!
- All UM-sponsored travel outside the U.S. by faculty, students, and staff will remain suspended through July 31, 2021. The UM International Travel Review Committee will reconvene early May 2021 to discuss UM sponsored travel beyond July 2021. Faculty and staff may apply for an exception by following the process outlined on Global Engagement Office website. Graduate student travel will rarely be eligible for an exception. Undergraduate students are ineligible to apply for an exception. University of Montana recognizes the importance of life-changing international experiences and the vaccine provides hope that the university community can soon take advantage of these opportunities again. NOTE: Native students, faculty and staff who have reserves on both sides of the U.S./Canadian border (individuals covered under Jay's Treaty) are exempt from the international travel suspension for travel to Canada.
- Spring 2022 applications are now open!
- Fall 2021 internship applications are open on Handshake. Learn more about our open positions here.
- Throughout Summer 2021, the International Center on campus will be open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. The Education Abroad staff is still working remotely part-time, so if you need to swing by the office for EA, please check with the individual first to ensure that they're on campus that day.
- Please utilize the following Global Engagement Office's COVID-19 Travel Resources: https://linktr.ee/umteducationabroad
While we temporarily cannot accept in-person appointments, many across campus are working mostly remotely, and the International Center receives minimal foot traffic, we miss seeing our students and campus colleagues! That's why we have created a virtual office! Stop by anytime and say hello!!