Become a Global Partner
What do Global Partners Do?
- Meet regularly with a international student during the first two months. Spend time getting to know the international student over coffee, lunch or dinner
- Attend up to three events sponsored by International Students and Scholars
- Help answer questions about UM, Missoula, or US culture
- Introduce the international student to services on campus and in the community such as library, driver’s license facilities, bus routes and shopping centers
- Invite the international student to social, cultural, and athletic events on campus and in Missoula area
- Introduce the international student to other friends and just be a friend yourself
Can I do it?
To be a Global Partner does NOT require expert knowledge of all facets of campus life, life in Missoula, experiences with international students, nor foreign languages. You DO need to:
- Have spent at least a semester at UM
- Be a registered UM student during the semester you become a Global Partner
- Have an interest in international cultures and be open-minded to different cultures
- Make a commitment to spend some time helping your student get acculturated