Office of the Registrar

Office of the Registrar

Transcripts & Verifications


For any questions:


Call: (406) 243-2996

Visit: University of Montana, Lommasson Center room 201

Before You Order

  • View/print your unofficial transcript in
    • Determine if your final grades have been posted.
    • Determine if your degree has been awarded.
    • View any holds on your account

Transcript Key

To request official transcripts, simply visit Official transcripts contain the signature of the Registrar and are individually sealed. A $10.00 fee is required for each official transcript.

  • For an electronic PDF transcript to be considered official, it must be sent directly to the receiving entity.
  • Transcripts requested to be express mailed from the National Student Clearinghouse, with be sent Monday-Saturday and will be overnighted if received by 1:00pm EST.
    • FedEx is the preferred vendor for express orders, USPS Express will deliver to PO Boxes and remote areas where FedEx will not deliver.
    • In remote areas, Next Day service may not be available by the carrier and will automatically be sent the next fastest service available.

Note: All official transcript requests must go through National Student Clearinghouse , however the official electronic option (PDF) is only available if you attended after Autumn Semester 1992. 

The Office of the Registrar can no longer process Official Academic Transcripts in our office. You must use National Student Clearinghouse to place your order.

Transcript orders for the University of Montana affiliated campuses must be requested directly from those institutions:

Unofficial transcripts can be accessed 24/7 through your account.

  1. Click "Student Services"
  2. Click "Student Records"
  3. Click "Academic Transcript"
  4. Select level, click "Submit"

You can download this page as a PDF.

The University of Montana has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to allow students and alumni to order a secure electronic PDF transcript or hard copy transcript to be sent to themselves or others and the ability to track the order.

National Student Clearinghouse orders are processed at 10:00am, 1:30pm and 4:00pm EST each day. 

AMCAS & LSAC Transcripts: Electronic transcripts are accepted by the American Medical College Application Service and Law School Admission Council.

Updates on the progress of your transcript request or any hold information will be sent to you at the email address you provide to the Clearinghouse.

If you are requesting a transcript after your degree is awarded, place your request after the degree has posted to you academic record. You can confirm the degree has been awarded by reivewing your degree status in CyberBear or by contacting the Registrar's Office. Degrees are not posted at the same time as grades and generally take 4 to 6 weeks to appear on your academic records.                    

Questions regarding transcripts should be directed to the University of Montana mountain campus at 406-243-2996.

Questions about the processing of your transcript after you have submitted your request through the National Student Clearinghouse should be directed to them through one of these options:

Enrollment Verification

  1. Log into your CyberBear account
  2. Click on "Self Services"
  3. Click on "Student Records"
  4. Click on "Order an Enrollment Verification (Free)"
  5. Go to the Clearinghouse site. 

From the National Student Clearing House website, you can print enrollment verification certifications, view your enrollment history, check loan deferments sent to your lenders and link to real-time information on your student loans. For complete instructions on this service please click on How to Print Student Enrollment Verifications. Here are examples of the Clearinghouse’s single termmultiple term and pre-registration enrollment verification forms.

Please note: You can only obtain an enrollment verification through National Student Clearing House if you have completed one or more semesters at the University of Montana or have finalized your registration bill for the current semester. 

For the forms noted above, as well as any other forms that are sent directly to you that require proof of student status, GPA or any other information that isn't shown on a Student Self-Service Enrollment Verification, you may mail, fax, bring in person, or send an e-mail from your UM student umconnect email account a full listing of the required information.  You can download an online generic deferment formBe sure that Sections 1 and 3 are completed and duly signed or we can not send the form out.

Processing time varies greatly during the year. Please email for an accurate current proccessing time.

It is the student's responsibly to provide these forms to our office and provide an address to which the completed form will be sent to.

For all other forms of enrollment verification, the enrollment verification request form must be competed and returned to the Registrar's Office in the Lommasson Center (Room 201). Ensure that all information being requested is listed on the bottom of the form and that there is an address for the completed form to be sent. 

Processing time varies greatly during the year. Please email for an accurate current proccessing time.

Enrollment Verifications
Registrars Office
University of Montana
Lommasson Center RM 201
Missoula, MT 59812

Fax: 406-243-4087



An Apostille is a certification, commonly used to refer to the legalization of a document for international use under the terms of the 1961 Hague Convention. Documents - including official academic transcripts and diplomas - which have been notarized by a notary public  and then certified with a conformant apostille (Montana Secretary of State's Office) are accepted for legal use in all the nations that have signed the Hague Convention. 

The University of Montana's procedures to request an Apostille on a Diploma and/or Official Academic Transcript are as follows.

Information regarding an apostille on an academic transcript or diploma is located on the apostille section of the Secretary of State's website.

  1. Transcripts: Request an official transcript through the Registrar’s Office. The charge for an official academic transcript is $10.00 per copy.
    1. Instructions for ordering an official transcript may be found on the Registrar's website.
    2. Request your transcript to be mailed to the Registrar’s Office- University of Montana, 32 Campus Drive, Missoula, MT 59812.
    3. In the "Recipient Information" section include "For Apostille"
    4. Questions may be directed to 406-243-2996.
  2. Diplomas: Provide the original diploma or order a replacement through the Registrar’s Office forms page. Questions may be directed to 406-243-2422. To Order a Replacement Diploma:
    1. Order a replacement through the Registrar’s Office forms page
    2. Include a check in the amount of $30.00 payable to The University of Montana.
    3. Allow 2-3 weeks for processing the order.
    4. With your diploma request, state that the replacement will be used in the Apostille process and send to: Registrar’s Office - Attention Apostille, University of Montana, 32 Campus Drive, Missoula, MT 59812.
  3. Include two addressed, stamped envelopes in the packet. One envelope for the Registrar’s Office to send the documents to the Secretary of State and the other indicating the destination of the completed document(s).
    1. Postage on each envelope should allow for as many documents as you are requesting being processed for apostille.
    2. Students may expedite the process by requesting and paying for overnight delivery of the document(s).
  4. A personal or cashier’s check made out to the Montana Secretary of State in the amount of $10 for each document to be validated must accompany the request.
  5. Visit the Secretary of State's website to download and complete the Certification Request Form to include in the packet.
  6. The packet should include the following:
    1. A Note that your transcript has been ordered per the steps above, and/or your Diploma or a Diploma Request Form
    2. Two addressed, stamped envelopes
    3. Check(s) made out to the Montana Secretary of State
    4. Completed Certification Request Form from the Secretary of State's Website
  7. Upon receipt of the packet in the Registrar’s Office, the process is as follows:
    1. The transcript and/or diploma is signed on the back by the Registrar and notarized.  The notarization includes all the usual information necessary for a notarized document.
    2. Your packet is then mailed to the Secretary of State’s office at the address below:
      Notary Compliance
      Montana Secretary of State
      State Capitol, Room 260
      P.O. Box 202801
      Helena, MT 59620-2801
    3. Students may expedite the process by requesting and paying for overnight delivery of the document(s).
  8. As a general rule, students should allow 3-4 weeks for completion of the Apostille process.  Processing time may vary by time of year and demand for the Apostille services.  If a replacement diploma is ordered, add an additional 2-3 weeks for processing.