Forms - Sponsored Programs
- AIR Form
- Budget Template
- Cash Deposits
- Checklist (E-Prop)
- Collaboration Letter
- Cost Allowability Confirmation
- Cost Sharing
- Third Party Contributions
- University Matching Funds
- Cost Transfer (Cost Allocation Correction)
- Determination of Subrecipient/Contracted Services
- Export Control Review
- F&A Cost Waiver Request
- Federal Per Diem Travel Advance
- Fly America Act
- Guidelines for Student/Participant Payments
- NIH Assurance
- OPAS - Organizational Prior Approval System
- Participant Support
- Payment of Award to Student
- Research Faculty Agreement (Unfunded)
- Stipend Request
- Subaward Initiation, Amendment, Budget
- Subrecipient Collaboration (proposal stage)
- Subrecipient Commitment (award stage)
- Subaward Initiation Guide
- Sub Amendment
- Subaward Budget Template
- Subaward Budget Revision Template
- Time Sheet for Monthly Grant Funded Employees
- Cost transfer (non-payroll)
- Personnel Activity Report (PAR)
Always use umontana.edu aliases.
- First time users, go to DocuSign and create an account using your umontana alias. Click "Continue" and select "Use Company Login" in the blue box. This directs you to the UM NetID Services Login page.
- To adopt a signature, you may upload a personal signature (such as a jpg), create one with a stylus, or use a pre-formatted DocuSign signature.
- To initiate a form, click on the form link and fill in the recipients; use umontana.edu aliases for all UM emails. Not all umontana aliases are first.last, so refer to the OSP Directory or UM's online directory. Recipients will receive an email notice containing a hyperlink to the DocuSign form when it is ready for their signature. The first time recipients attempt to sign, they will be required to adopt a signature as noted above.
- Upon finishing approval of a DocuSign form, the system may ask that a user sign up for a free DocuSign account. There's no need to do so since we login via the UM NetID Services Login page.
- Recipients of a DocuSign email may click on the link in the email to complete a form, or to:
- delegate review/approval of a form by selecting "Other Actions" and then "Assign to Someone Else;" or
- view the recipient and routing history by selecting "Other Actions" and then "View History."
- To check on the routing status or make a correction, contact Judy Fredenberg. Note that if a recipient declines to sign a form, the form disappears and must be recompleted and routed again.
AIR Form via DocuSign - Begin the DocuSign process by filling in the recipients. Use umontana.edu aliases for all UM emails. Reference the image if needed for clarity.
This form is used during award management to internally clarify the allowability of a specific cost. Should an expenditure later be determined to be unallowable by the sponsor, it will be the responsibility of the PI and department.
E-Prop provides web-based routing and approval for the University community. It does not interface with any sponsor submission platforms. Required attachments include a budget, budget narrative, and scope of work, all of which may be in draft (close-to-final) form.
If you have questions using E-Prop, refer to the Help Tab within E-Prop, or contact your departmentally-assigned pre-award point-of-contact for assistance.
Refer to the lead time required for proposal submission to determine how much time is required by OSP for processing your proposal.
Additional funding? Refer to this determination chart to see whether or not an e-prop is required.
The Cost Allowability Confirmation is used for Federal and Federal flow-through funds: This request is used during proposal preparation to document the appropriateness of direct charging costs that are normally considered F&A costs (general use items routinely purchased/provided by the University) on projects with federal and federal flow-through funding. See Cost Determination Guidelines
Cost Allowability Confirmation via DocuSign - Begin the DocuSign process by filling in the recipients. Use umontana.edu aliases for all UM emails. Reference the image if needed for clarity.
An OSP Cost Transfer corrects an cost allocation error involving a grant index and moves an expenditure from one index number to another, regardless of sources of funds. Refer to OSP Procedures.
Payroll Cost Transfer
A Payroll Cost Transfer Transfer cannot be used in any circumstances that would result in an increase or decrease of an employee's pay. This type of transaction must be corrected with an HRS Request for Personnel Transaction (RPT) via U-Approve.
- Payroll Cost Transfer via U-Approve
- Payroll cost transfers may also be submitted via:
Nonpayroll Cost Transfer⇑ Back to top
Completion of this form is unnecessary if sponsor documentation limits F&A recovery.
Unless the project totals $10,000 or less, requests for full or partial waiver of F&A recovery require approval by the chair/director, dean, and vice president for research. Because the form must be routed and approved prior to completion of Eprop, be sure to start early to allow sufficient lead time for institutional review and approval.
F&A Waiver Request via DocuSign - Begin the DocuSign process by filling in the recipients. Use umontana.edu aliases for all UM emails. Reference the image if needed for clarity.
The OPAS is used to 1) establish an index prior to receipt of the formal award document, and request institutional approval for 2) pre-award spending. Prior to completing an OPAS for either of these two options, work with your departmentally assigned OSP pre-award specialist for additional information and assistance.
Additionally, in some cases, the OPAS may also be used to 3) request budget changes, 4) add carryforward; and 5) request a no cost time extension. Prior to completing an OPAS for either of these options, work with your departmentally assigned OSP post-award specialist for additional information and assistance. Also, see budget revisions and time extensions and the Federal-Wide Research Terms and Conditions (RTC), Appendix A for prior approvals. This matrix details a limited number of award management actions that would normally require agency prior approval but for which the federal agency has granted such authority to the institution.
Spending on an OPAS index may not exceed 20% of the expected award amount or $100,000, whichever is greater, provided expenditures do not exceed the expected award amount. Any increase in the spending limits must be approved by the VPR in writing. To make this request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and copy the OSP Director.
OPAS indexes require PI supervisor approval. As director/chair/dean/executive officer, these supervisors accepted fiscal responsibility for 1) any pre-award expenditures or non-cancelable obligations if the award fails to materialize; or, 2) if the award effective date is delayed and costs are incurred outside the 90-day pre-award period; or, 3) the anticipated award document is not finalized within six months of the OPAS index request.
To ensure checks are ready for printing Wednesday, stipend requests must be to Business Services by close of business Monday.
Stipend Request via DocuSign - Begin the DocuSign process by filling in the recipients. Use umontana.edu aliases for all UM emails. Reference the image if needed for clarity.
Since HRS requires the time sheet to be submitted prior to the end of the month (about the 20th), a time sheet is often submitted that often needs to be adjusted the next month. When paid from grant funds, such adjustments may require payroll cost transfers and adjustments to effort reporting.
This monthly time sheet runs from the 16th through the 15th so that the recording/reporting of labor distribution can be accurately recorded/reported and then fed into an RPT. This is only a recording tool; payroll will not be impacted. If someone is hired early in a month, simply reflect that in the first half of a time sheet (through the 15th) and use a new time sheet to then reflect the 16th through the 15th; similarly, at the end of the fiscal year, reflect May 16th through June 15th then June 16th through June 30th in one sheet and July 1st through July 15th in a second sheet so that recording is accurate. Begin a new time sheet July 16th.