Office of Sponsored Programs
OSP administers institutional external funding (contracts, grants, cooperative agreements, etc.) and ensures that such sponsored projects comply with internal controls and applicable policies and regulations. Responsible for the lifecycle of sponsored programs, OSP activities include proposal development, proposal submission, award negotiation, and award management and closeout, as well as mitigation of audit risk. Browse the top level navigation to learn more.
The University of Montana campus is open, as are our research labs. As always, the health and safety of our staff, faculty and students come first at UM. We ask that those working in the labs should continue to practice social distancing at this time.See more information on the impacts of COVID-19 on research at UM.
See more information on COVID-19 funding opportunities.
- Funding Opportunities; sign up for the OSP listservs
- Budget Templates
- F&A Rate Information and Federally-negotiated Agreement
- Fringe Benefit Rates for budget development
- UM-Specific Numbers, Codes, & Information
- Uniform Guidance (UG) - 2 CFR 200 Uniform Administrative Requirements (effective 12/26/14)
- Letter of Intent, Preproposal
- Lead Time Required for OSP Review and Approval
- Mandatory PI/co-PI Orientation/Training
- Sign up for the OSP listservs
- Progress / Project / Technical Report Submission
- Research Compliance (IACUC, IRB, Export Control, etc.)
- PI/co-I Change
- PI Responsibilities
- PI Transfer Process
- Preproposal, Letter of Intent
- Signature Authority
- Unallowable Costs / Over Expenditures
- Award Management Tips for Departmental Staff