Find Resources and Support

UM Support and Advocacy

Student Advocacy Resource Center (SARC)

Office: (406) 243-4429
24 hour crisis line: (406) 243-6559
Location: UM Curry Health Center, 634 Eddy Ave.

SARC counselors partner with First Step Resource Center and are available to go with you. SARC does not report to the EO/TIX/Title IX Coordinator as other UM employees would. Talking with SARC does not start a campus or law enforcement investigation.

SARC provides free and confidential peer counseling and crisis intervention to student survivors of sexual and relationship violence, as well as support and information for family and friends. Services are available to survivors at all stages of recovery, from initial crisis intervention to healing, through support groups and peer counseling.

Inclusive Excellence for Student Success (IESS)

Call: (406) 243-5776
Location: UC Branch Center, Room 206

IESS provides guidance and mentorship to Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC), and LGBTQ students and student groups. Students are encouraged to utilize the Branch Center and connect with IESS.

International Students & Scholars (ISS)

Call: (406) 243-2288
Location: International Center Room 105

International Students and Scholars (ISS) provides services to international students and scholars at UM.  ISS advances the exchange of ideas and culture through advocacy, education, engagement, and service.  ISS assists international students from admission through graduation and is committed to the academic and professional success of each student.

Report for Campus Response

Equal Opportunity and Title IX

Call: (406) 243-5710
Location: UM University Hall 006

The Office of Equal Opportunity and Title IX investigates and responds to reported incidents of discrimination and sexual misconduct in accordance with the University's Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation policy. The team in the EO/TIX office can work to arrange interim measures to help you feel safe on campus (including housing and class schedule changes) and to ensure that you receive any assistance needed for continued productive access to all of your educational programs. They can also provide you with additional information about options for pursuing a campus policy investigation.

Report to UM Police

The UM Police Department has sworn officers who are specially trained to respond to emergency and non-emergency reports of sexual misconduct, intimate partner violence, and stalking 24 hours a day. Officers can explain the options for medical exams, counseling, advocacy, and the processes for reporting assaults as crimes. 

Contacting the police will be confidential and does not require you to file a report or pursue criminal charges against the offender.

Food Resources

UM Food Pantry

Call: (406) 243-5125
Location: University Center southwest side of the first floor, down the hallway adjacent to ASUM

Winter Break Reduced hours: Tue & Thursday 10 am - 3 pm

Grab & Go is always available when the UC is open.

Missoula Food Bank

Call: (406) 549-0543
Location: 1720 Wyoming St, Missoula, MT 59801

Missoula Food Bank & Community Center is a private, non-profit organization that addresses hunger in Missoula County by offering emergency food assistance and child nutrition programs to all individuals and families who come to us in need.