Forms & Instructions

Curriculum Review

There are several forms for the review process: Course Form (e-Curr), Program Modification Form (Green) Level I Program Form (Purple), General Education Form (Orange), Writing Course Form (Yellow) and Regential Form (Pink). Course Form is used for a new course or changes to a single course. Changes include deletion, change in credit, course number, level (U to UG, etc.), pre-requisites or description, cross-listing, or repeatability. The Program Modification form is used for minor changes to programs, such as adding a course requirement for the major. Level I & II program changes require Board of Regents approval and additional forms (refer to Provost Office instructions).

Editorial Catalog Changes

Editorial changes are made to the catalog via communication with the Registrar's Office and do not require a form or review by a subcommittee. The Associate Registrar sends catalog copy to departments each academic year for review and approval. Editorial changes are made directly on the catalog copy and returned to the Associate Registrar.

Steps for Curriculum review

Prepare a form from the list below and submit the original, and an electronic file to the Faculty Senate Office (program modification, or general education form). Course forms are submitted electronically through e-curr.  The Provost's Office must approve all academic requests (level I and level II) before they are submitted to the Senate Office.

Curriculum Deadline

is September 27th - memo 


Use the General Education Forms to request a new or one-time-only General Education Course. 

GE Designation Criteria> / sample form

Use the Course Form in e-Curr to propose a new course, changes to a course or to delete a course. 

Instructions / Learning Outcomes Help / Prerequisite guide  / Common Course Numbering Workflow CCN Matrix / Sample form 1 / 2  


Use the Program Modification Form to make slight program changes needed because of changes to courses. Such as adding a writing course to the major, changing the list of core courses, or removing a requirement of a minor.

Instructions / sample form

The Academic Request form is used for:

Creating a new:

Certificate, option, minor, degree, center/institute


Major, minor, option or certificate
Degree (ex: BA to BFA)


Major, minor, option or certificate
College, division, school, department, center/institute
Placing a program in moratorium


Degrees and/or programs
Department, college/school, center

Online/Distance Delivery

Use the Program Move Form to process moving a unit's administrative structure.

Use the Service Learning Form to create a service learning designation on a course. 

Instructions / sample syllabus / sample reflection exercise 
Office of Civic Engagement