Banner 9 Upgrade
Banner 9 is a major upgrade to the Banner enterprise information system. It provides a modern look and feel while largely maintaining the same functionality as previous Banner versions. If you can purchase your favorite items on Amazon, you can navigate Banner 9!
Why are we upgrading? Enhancement support for Banner 8 ended January 2019. This means Ellucian will no longer provide break/fix or enhancement support. We've been steadily working toward moving from Banner 8 to Banner 9 since October 2018, when Banner 9 was first made available to campus. It's now time to complete that transition. On June 10, 2019, we will turn off Banner 8 and will be exclusively on Banner 9.
What's new in Banner 9?
Banner 9 offers many new advantages, including:
- You will be able to use Banner 9 in any preferred browser
- Easily compatible with mobile devices
- Application Navigator "Welcome" screen offers a "google-like" search screen for easy navigation to the forms you need
- Users can re-order, re-sort, and re-size some columns
- Simplifies the upgrade process for future upgrades for system administrators
- Positions UM for cloud adoption if we choose this option at a later date
What is our Banner 9 Upgrade status?
There are some final edits being made to finish the conversion of Banner 8 forms to Banner 9 pages. Banner 9 was made available to campus on October 1, 2018, and users could access both Banner 8 and Banner 9 as this work was being done. Now that we are nearing the finish line, anticipate that Banner 8 will be turned off - and we will be solely using Banner 9 - effective June 10, 2019.
Logon to Banner 9 using your netID and password.
Login access will be available on my.umt.edu/employees as well as on the Banner Support page.
Contact your IT support provider! Not sure who supports you? Check out the Who Supports Me page in the UM Solutions Center. General questions regarding the Banner 9 rollout can be sent to Karen Moore (Karen.Moore@mso.umt.edu).
For questions or help with a particular module please contact one of the following:
- Student module - Brenda.Avery@mso.umt.edu
- Finance module – KlaneckySE@mso.umt.edu
- Accounts Receivable module – Derek.Hubbard@mso.umt.edu
- Financial Aid module – Emily.Williamson@mso.umt.edu
- Human Resources module – Steve.Hoffmann@mso.umt.edu