2020 ASUM Elections Timeline
If you have a grievance with ASUM elections that you would like to report, please be sure to fill out the ASUM Election Grievance Form.
Forms can be downloaded below and hard copies will be available in the ASUM Office.
All sessions are held in the ASUM office lobby.
- First Session: Tuesday, March 10th at 6PM
- Second Session: Thursday, March 12th at 3:30PM
- Third Session: Tuesday, March 24 at 11AM
- NOTE: The March 24th Information Session will be conducted via Zoom to protect the health and safety of participants. Interested parties can join this meeting at this link: https://umontana.zoom.us/j/431070299
ASUM Offices Closed
- Deadline: Candidate Registration Forms for Executives, Executive Candidate Petitions, Referendum Information, and Kaimin Questionnaires must be turned in by Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 11:59PM. Completed forms/petitions can be turned in to the ASUM Office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DEADLINE EXTENDED FOR SENATOR CANDIDATES TO WEDNESDAY, APRIL 8: Candidate Registration Forms and Kaimin Questionnaires for Senator positions must be turned in by Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 11:59 PM. Completed forms must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Due to COVID-19 concerns, the UC Window Lottery has been CANCELLED. The ASUM Elections Committee would like to encourage students and candidates to stay off campus and stay at home as much as possible during this time.
Campaigning Begins at 12:00AM on March 30th.
The ASUM Elections Committee will be conducting Candidate Forums/Debates via Zoom to practice social distancing and maintain the health and safety of the student body. These forums/debates will later be posted to ASUM social media outlets. To view these forums in live time, please join this Zoom link at the specified times below.
- President/Vice President Candidates: 12:00-12:50PM via Zoom
- Business Manager Candidates: 1:00-1:50PM via Zoom
- Senate Candidates: 2:00-2:50PM via Zoom
*If you are unable to access the link above, the meeting ID is 160 493 006 to join these forums.
Deadline: All campaign expense reports and receipts must be turned in to the ASUM Office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00PM.
- Polls Open: Wednesday, April 15th 2020 at 12:01AM on the UMontana App
- Polls Close: Thursday, April 16th 2020 at 8:00PM on the UMontana App
- Ballot referendum language finalized
- Testing the election application
- Polls Open: Wednesday, April 22nd 2020 at 12:01AM on the UMontana App
- Polls Close: Thursday, April 23rd 2020 at 8:00PM on the UMontana App