REGISTRATION BILL PAYMENT DATES
- Call 406-243-2223 Business Services, Student Accounts
- Email UMstudentaccounts@mso.umt.edu
- Visit second floor of the Lommasson Center, Room 231
BUSINESS HOURS: Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Nov 2, 2020 Deferred Payment Plan (DPP) application available in CyberBear for new applicants.
NOV 30, 2020 Registration bills available on CyberBear at 1:00 p.m. to begin paying. Students are encouraged to pay early to access services that are covered with the payment of their registration bills. If the student has a third party that is paying their registration bill, they need to provide the bill to the third party immediately.
Dec 31 2020 Priority registration payment date for students expecting refunds. Students must have met all financial aid requirements and completed the registration payment process for aid to disburse.
Jan. 1, 2021 Financial aid begins disbursing for students who have completed the payment process and have met all financial aid requirements. Students with financial aid who drop, add, change classes or withdraw from all classes may see an adjustment of their financial aid and may be required to repay some or all of the financial aid. Call 406-243-2223 for additional information.
Jan 5, 2021 First refund file for Spring 2021. Refund files sent out on Tuesdays and Fridays.
JAN 11, 2021 First registration bill payment deadline AND first Deferred Payment due to avoid an $80.00 Late Registration Fee.
Jan 12, 2021 First Late Registration Fee of $80.00 assessed on students that have not completed the payment process.
FEB 1, 2021 FINAL PAYMENT DEADLINE – If needed, special arrangements for payment of registration bill need to be made PRIOR TO 2/1/2021 by contacting Business Services, Student Accounts at (406) 243-2223 or email UM.RegBill@mso.umt.edu. All extended payment deadline arrangements must be paid by 2/23/2021 and will be subject to the Late Registration Fee of $160.00.
FEB 2, 2021 FINAL CANCELLATION. Students will be required to complete the Petition to Register Pay after Deadline. All students registering after 2/1/2021 will be assessed a Late Registration Fee of $160.00.
IMPORTANT “NEED TO KNOW” INFORMATION ABOUT THE REGISTRATION BILL PAYMENT PROCESS
Where can I find my registration bill?
UM uses your official UM email to provide you with important information, reminders and updates. You will receive an email when your registration bill is available in CyberBear.
SPRING 2021 - AVAILABLE AT 1:00 PM ON NOVEMBER 30, 2020
I am being asked to “Complete Enrollment/Pay Registration Bill” and I am not sure what this means?
If you have not yet finished your payment process you will see an alert message with the link to your registration bill – PROCEED TO REGISTRATION BILL. Click on this link.
Completing your enrollment means that you have reviewed your registration bill for accuracy and are being asked to “pay” your registration bill.
- If you have an Amount Due, you will need to pay that amount by clicking on “Complete Enrollment/Pay Registration Bill” and following the payment link by the published payment due date.
- If you have a zero or credit balance (refund due to you), you still need to click on “Complete Enrollment/Pay Registration Bill” by the published payment due date.
What are the consequences if my classes are cancelled?
When your classes are cancelled, you lose access to many of your University privileges (list is not all-inclusive and there may be other access and services affected if registration is cancelled).
- May not have access to your Moodle account.
- May not be able to use Campus Recreation facilities.
- May not be able to obtain your student athletic tickets.
- May not have access to Curry Health Center services.
- May not have access to Dining Services and Residence Halls if you live on campus.
- May not have access to services offered through ASUM (Associated Students of the University of Montana.
What are my options if I am expecting a refund?
You can receive your refund by Direct Deposit (ACH) to your bank account rather than a check
in three easy steps:
- Log in to your CyberBear account and select STUDENT SERVICES.
- Under your picture there is a list of Additional Links and you will select Student Refunds.
- You will then click on “Select Option” and follow the instructions. You will need your bank name, bank routing number and checking/savings account number (debit card number will not work).
If you do not select an option, a check will be mailed to your UM mailing address. Direct Deposit takes 3-5 business days. A check takes 10-14 business days and requires you to keep you mailing address updated to ensure receipt of your check. Refund files are processed each Tuesday and Friday, except during weeks that have a holiday. Holidays may require the process dates to be modified.