Student Health Insurance Plan
The Montana University System requires all students taking six (6) or more state supported credits, and paying mandatory fees (the Health Services Fee), to have and maintain major medical insurance while they are attending school each Fall/Spring semester.
The Montana University System contracts with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana to provide students an affordable and comprehensive PPO private insurance plan as an option to satisfy the requirement called AcademicBlue. The plan is:
- Specialized and negotiated specifically for the students of the Montana University System.
- Opted into, and purchased, on a per semester basis (Fall/Spring)
- Available to active registered students only. There is no option for spouse/dependent coverage.
- Not tiered. Every member pays the same premium, during the same coverage period, for the same benefits.
- Is purchased for the entire duration of the semester coverage period. There is no pro-ration.
To learn more about the plan's benefit coverage, visit BlueCross BlueShield and choose the University of Montana option under “Select your University”.
If you need options for family coverage, or coverage due to ineligibility for the student insurance plan (graduation/registration status), there are resources available. Please, email a request from your official University of Montana email account to the Student Insurance Advocate at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, include your 790#.
Coverage Periods and Premiums*:
(The plan benefits meet or exceed a gold metal level of coverage.)
August 1, 2022-January 31, 2023 (6 months) $2350
Spring 2023 (Continuing from previous Fall)
February 1, 2022-July 31, 2023 (6 months) $2350
Spring 2023 (New plan enrollee/not enrolled in previous Fall)
January 1, 2023-July 31, 2023 (7 months) $2735
*Prices include a $40 administration fee
NOTE: Because this plan is a student health insurance plan, and not an employer offered health insurance plan, the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) does not apply.
For questions, or more information, please contact the Student Insurance Advocate at 406-243-2844 or email@example.com. Please, include the 790# of the student with your inquiry.