Student Employee of the Year Nominations
Each year, one deserving UM student employee will be honored as University of Montana's Student Employee of the Year. If you have an outstanding student employee, we encourage you to submit a nomination. The winning student will receive a $500 scholarship and be honored at the Week of Excellence Ceremony on April 14, 2022!
In addition to the ways that students contribute to our campus with their passion and talents, student employment is also an effective means to build career readiness skills. As such, level 1 of the ElevateU curriculum strongly suggests that students participate in a part-time or summer job.
Thank you in advance for helping us celebrate student employee contributions and learning!
To be eligible, student employees must have worked for at least 6 months, part-time during the 2021-2022 academic year.
Deadline to Submit Nominations: March 11th
Nominations can be submitted using THIS FORM.
National Student Employment Week
Dates: April 5-11, 2022
National Student Employment Week is an opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate the value that student employees bring to the workplace. During this week, we encourage you to do something special for your student employees to let them know they are appreciated! Below are some ideas for how you can celebrate your students as well as some special deals happening around campus for UM student employees.
- Free group fitness classes: All week!
- Campus rec is offering any of their group fitness classes free to student employees! Students should simply tell the instructor where they are employed on campus, and they will get into the class for free! View the class schedule here.
- Student Employee Celebration on the Oval: Friday, April 15 from 10am - 2pm
- Snacks, Prizes, Music, and More!
Other Ideas for Celebration
- Have your department create a kudos board
- Create and present superlative awards for all of your student employees
- If you have some funds, give your student employees some Bear Bucks. Contact Angie at 406-243-6325 to load money onto your student's Griz Cards.
- Take a walk with your staff to Dairy Queen or Big Dipper for an ice cream hour
- Encourage your student employees to make a resume appointment with an ELCS Career Coach so they can showcase all of the amazing work they do!