On average, students who graduate from our MPA Program have a starting salary of $56,000. Seventy-seven percent of our graduates, who do not have employment while pursuing their degree, are employed within six months after graduation.
Who do I contact for career assistance?
The UM School of Law’s Katy Stack (Director of Career Development) and Leslie Ellington-Staal (Career Services Program Coordinator) will provide you direct assistance and their extensive expertise with job preparedness:
- Resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile assistance
- Mock interviews
- What to do/not do for interviews (e.g. group interviews, zoom interviews, or in-person interviews)
- Pre- and post-interview success tips
How do I sign up for a career advising appointment?
If you want assistance on your resume or cover letter, you are required to send a draft in advance (at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled meeting time). If you need samples to get you started, please ask Katy or Leslie.
These services are open to all (online or in-person) DPAP graduate students (joint, certificate, or master's).
Please review this portion of our website regularly because it is updated often.
Montana Campus Compact (MTCC) AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps year-long service positions are available in various Montana cities.
Montana Campus Compact (MTCC) Website: https://mtcompact.org/
MTCC Application Process: https://mtcompact.org/americorps-vista/apply-to-serve/full-time-member-application-process/
MTCC Position Descriptions: https://mtcompact.org/americorps-vista/apply-to-serve/service-positions/full-time-positions/
Montana Nonprofit Association
Coordinator for Health Equity for Missoula County Health Department
Membership Director for Winter Wildlands Alliance
Director of the Jeannette Rankin Peace Center
Housing Manager, Community Development Division for the City of Missoula
Policy Specialist for NAFOA
Policy Director for ACLU of Montana
Higher Education Data Internship (virtual) at NASPAA
Missoula Food Bank
The Missoula Food Bank currently has several opportunities, including two food security policy internships (one childhood, one nutrition program), that may be a good fit for students in the Department of Public Administration. Apply on Handshake.
Startup Internships for Accelerate Montana are paid opportunities are a way to obtain real-world experience in business specific to your career interests, develop skills essentials to business and leadership, connect with passionate and innovative entrepreneurs, and open post-graduate career opportunities. To learn more and apply, log into Handshake or contact Accelerate Montana internship manager Sid Paladugu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the Rural/Indigenous Startup Internship, apply on Handshake.
- For the Missoula Startup Internship, apply on Handshake.
- Jennifer Zellmer-Cuaresma, Director of Student-Athlete Support Services
- Shyra Scott, Missoula County Recording Director
- Anne Hughes, Missoula County Chief Operating Officer
- Dayna Swanson, Director of Government Relations at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Tim Fox, former Montana Attorney General
- Christi Jacobsen, Montana Secretary of State
- Rob Gannon, City of Missoula Chief Financial Officer
- Eldena Bear Don’t Walk, tribal judge, first female Chief Justice of the Crow Tribe
- Debra DuMontier, Office of Special Trustee for American Indians
- Deena Mansour, Executive Director of the Mansfield Center
- Jesse Mahugh, Executive Director of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Flathead County
- Aubrie Lyons, Director of Montana World Affairs Council
- Mike Halligan, Executive Director of the Dennis & Phyllis Washington Foundation