Submitting a Recital Program
Health & Safety
UM Academic Calendar
Facilities Rental Form
Bachelor of Arts Specialization in Composition
General Education & Additional Requirements
- Group I: English Writing Skills - WRIT 101
- Group II: Mathematics - M Course 100 or above
- Group IIIb: Exemption from Modern and Classical Language Requirement - Symbolic Systems MUSI 105, 106, 140, 141.
- Group IV: Expressive Arts - A Courses - (min. of 3 credits). Ensembles and Sec. Lessons taken each semester satisfies this requirement.
- Group V: Literary and Artistic Studies - L Courses - (min. of 3 credits) MUSI 202L taken in 1st year satisfies this requirement.
- Group VI and Group IX: Historical and Cultural Studies and American and European Perspectives - H/Y Courses - (min of 3 credits) MUSI 301 and MUSI 302.
- Group VII: Social Sciences _______________(min. of 3 credits).
- Group VIII: Ethical and Human Values___________(min. of 3 credits)
- Group X: Indigenous and Global Perspectives - (min. of 3 credits).
- Group XI: Natural Science_____________(for this perspective, 6 credits required and at least one course MUSTinclude a lab experience).
Additional Music Requirements
- Lower-Division Writing Expectation MUSI 302
- Upper-Division Writing Expectation MUSI 415, 416, 417
- Upper-Division Writing Assessment
**51 Credits of Non-Music major Courses (36 Credits must be in the College of Visual and Performing Arts)
**51 Credits in Music
- 100 Recital Credits - Must total 100 upon completion (MUSI 388)
- Upper Division Recital program (MUSI 296)
- All degrees require 39 Upper Division Credits.
- Must have four semesters in foreign languages (with a minimum of two semesters in one language)
- Liberal Studies 151L - 152L MUST be taken.