Develop, Prepare, Submit Proposals
The Proposal Development Office is committed to increasing and diversifying external funding at the University of Montana. Toward this end, we are dedicated to (1) providing assistance with seeking external funding; (2) training individuals to independently seek and procure funding; (3) facilitating interdisciplinary collaborations; and (4) providing the resources and tools necessary for researchers to successfully prepare grant proposals.
For further information about the resources available through UM's Proposal Development Office, please browse this site:
- Funding Opportunities
- Resources for Proposal Development
- Limited Submissions
- Preproposals / Letters of Inquiry
- Proposal Development Staff
If you have any questions or comments related to proposal development, please do not hesitate to contact Katherine Swan, Proposal Development Manager at 406-243-5752 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) supports faculty, staff, and graduate students in their research and creative endeavors. Working with faculty and staff to increase external funding and to provide opportunities for professional growth is critical to the overall health of the University.
- Work closely with your departmentally-assigned pre-award specialist
- Understand PI Responsibilities
- Preparing Preliminary Proposals and Letters of Inquiry or Intent
- Plan ahead if your proposal will include Subawards