Disability Services for Students and Residence Life Office work together to ensure that students with disabilities can participate in Residence Life programs including housing.
Examples of housing modifications:
- Accessible rooms or bathrooms
- Bringing a medical bed
- Elevator access
- Having a service animal
- Having an assistance animal or therapy animal
- Personal care attendant's access to buildings
- Remote automatic door openers
- Signaling devices
- Single rooms*
*Modification requests are only for the student's living space. Requests based on studying issues will not be considered.
How to request housing modifications
- Complete the Residence Life's housing application as soon as possible. In the application, indicate that you are requesting a housing modification.
- Contact Disability Services at 406.243.2243 and make an appointment to meet with a coordinator.
- Submit disability documentation to Disability Services.
- After Disability Services sends a housing modification verification to Residence Life Office, contact Residence Life Office as a follow-up.